Transportation is vital for people to get to work, grocery stores, medical appointments, child care, school, and participate in the economy. With transportation at the heart of many barriers Ohioans face in their daily lives, Ohio needs a 21st century transportation system made up not only of roads and highways but also a network of transportation options, including public transit, passenger and freight rail, streetcars, hybrid buses, electric vehicles, and walk-able, bike-able streets.
Webinar speakers discuss the need for public transit and public transit alternatives in Ohio, opportunities and challenges in the state budget, Ohio’s health and human services initiative’s impact on public transit, and how changes at the federal level could impact Ohio.
- Subscribe to AOF’s email list and we’ll share information on upcoming advocacy opportunities.
- Twitter: @Advocates4OH, @OHTranspoEquity, @OHNeedsTransit, @PolicyMattersOH
- Facebook: advocatesforohio, OHTranspoEquity, Ohio-Public-Transit-Association, policymattersohio
- State Budget Fact Sheet: Ensure All Ohioans Have Access to Public Transportation (Advocates for Ohio’s Future)
- Testimony to House Finance Subcommittee on Transportation (Policy Matters Ohio)