The Ohio Department of Medicaid has announced plans to streamline the Medicaid program by eliminating spend-down after August 2016. The changes will bring a greater number of people into Medicaid, but will also result in some losing their benefits.
In AOF’s webinar our speakers provide an overview of spend-down, who is covered under the new rules process, and what options those who will be losing their coverage will have once the transition is complete.
Your Input Can Influence Policy
Click here to submit your questions and comments to Advocates for Ohio’s Future on the health care transition. Comments and questions will be shared with webinar presenters and will help to inform conversations with the Ohio Department of Medicaid about the impacts of the Medicaid transition.
Qualified Income Trusts
- ProSeniors legal hotline for seniors age 60 and older, or call (800) 488-6070
- Disability Rights Ohio Voice: 1-800-282-9181 (toll-free in Ohio only) TTY: 1-800-858-3542 (toll-free in Ohio only)
- Legal Aid, or call 1-866-LAWOHIO (1.866.529.6446)
- Local bar associations – elder law attorneys, pro bono programs
- Beneficiaries can call Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program at 1-800-686-1578
Federal Marketplace (Healthcare.gov)
- Visit healthcare.gov, or call 1-800-318-2598
- Local help: http://localhelp.healthcare.gov
- Visit the Ohio Navigator Program, or call 1-800-648-1176
Specialized Recovery Services
- Community behavioral health providers
View the webinar slides: