Despite signs of recovery from the recession, the latest data show too many Ohioans are living in poverty. Investments in health and human services programs can help people out of poverty, but to do so lawmakers need to make these investments a priority.
In AOF’s latest webinar on the state of poverty in Ohio, our speakers discussed trends in the latest data about poverty in the United States and Ohio, federal and state programs that help people get out of poverty, and opportunities to impact poverty.
Your Calls and Emails Influence Policy
- Respond to future AOF “Act Now” email requests and posts online.
- Follow AOF on Twitter and like us on Facebook so you can share advocacy information to your social network to help others become advocates.
- Talk about poverty in new ways, framing
- Too Many Ohioans Remain in Poverty
- More Ohioans working, but poverty not improved
- JobWatch October, Spooky Math
View the video of the webinar on YouTube
View the webinar slides