The Ohio House of Representatives passed nine bills related to the Mid-Biennium Review on Wednesday, April 9. State leaders joined supporters across the state to discuss budget and policy changes in Child Welfare, Adult Protective Services, Child Care, Unemployment Compensation, and a number of other issues.
Advocates for Ohio’s Future also shared opportunities to get involved to strengthen families and communities.
The webinar featured:
- Gayle Channing Tenenbaum, Director of Policy & Governmental Affairs, Public Children Services Association of Ohio (PCSAO)
- Joel Potts, Executive Director of the Ohio Job & Family Services Directors’ Association (OJFSDA)
- Katie Kelly, Director of groundWork
- Zach Schiller, Research Director, Policy Matters Ohio
- Will Petrik, State Director, Advocates for Ohio’s Future
- Click here for a resource to thank House leaders for supporting investments in families and communities.
- Click here for a resource to meet with your State Senator over the legislative break to build support for child welfare and adult protective service funding.
- If you’ve never met with a lawmaker or if you just want a refresher, you can review our effective legislative visits webinar here.
View the presentation:
Learn more about the issues and our partners.
- Child Welfare policy brief – from the Public Children Services Association of Ohio (PCSAO)
- Adult Protective Services policy brief – from the Ohio Coalition of Adult Protective Services (OCAPS)
- Ohio Housing Trust Fund policy brief – from the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO)
- Early Education policy brief – from groundWork