Your first step to getting involved is to sign up as a supporter. It’s easy: Supply your email address and a little information about yourself, and you’re on your way to staying informed about the fate of these vital public services in the budget and having an influence on the future.
As an AOF supporter, you can get involved by:
- Liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter to stay updated on current health and human services news, events, and advocacy alerts across Ohio;
- Learning about the critical services that meet the needs of all Ohioans, including children, seniors, and those without health insurance;
- Participating in a webinar to gain a better understanding of AOF’s work and the latest policy updates on the budget;
- Following the latest news about programs and services that help people meet their basic needs and improve the lives of all Ohioans;
- Becoming a more active member of your community through participating in events near you;
- Letting us know when an event focused on human services is coming up in your community; and
- Sharing information with your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
Many supporters want to get involved directly in the legislative process. If you’re ready to take the next step, become an AOF advocate:
- Respond to AOF’s action alerts by email;
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about the importance of health, human services, and early care and education;
- Call your legislators to ask for their support for vital public services;
- Write a letter to your legislators making the case for meeting basic human needs;
- Meet with your legislators in your home district to discuss the need for funding;
- Meet with your legislators in Columbus; and/or
- Testify at a public hearing on the budget about the difference health and human service programs make in your life.
At each step of the process, Advocates for Ohio’s Future can provide you with training, resources, and contact information. We can match you with others in your district so that you’re not alone. For more information about getting involved, contact us.