Transportation is vital for people to get to work, grocery stores, medical appointments, child care, school, and participate in the economy. With transportation at the heart of many barriers Ohioans face in their daily lives, Ohio needs a 21st century transportation system made up not only of roads and highways but also a network of transportation options, including public transit, passenger and freight rail, streetcars, hybrid buses, electric vehicles, and walk-able, bike-able streets.
Join AOF Thursday, March 23 from 3-4:00 p.m. for a webinar to discuss the need for increased state investment in Ohio’s public transit and public transit alternatives and opportunities to make increased access to public transportation a reality.
The webinar will cover:
- The need for public transit and public transit alternatives in Ohio
- Opportunities and challenges in the state budget
- Ohio’s health and human services initiative’s impact on public transit
- How changes at the federal level could impact Ohio
Guest speakers will include:
- Akshai Sing, Ohio Transportation Equity Coalition
- Wendy Patton, Policy Matters Ohio
- Kirt Conrad, Ohio Public Transit Association
- Homer Carlisle, Office of Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown